After a great success of Cameo 2, Silhouette proudly presents a newer version of this machine known as Cameo 3. It’s a fully automatic machine for drawing and cutting different types of materials. Let’s have a look at how the newest model makes a difference in cutting and other features. In the first look, it seems like a sleek printer. But, Cameo 3 cuts and draws on more than 100 types of material.
Cameo 3 Features
Silhouette Cameo 3 comes with five unparalleled features. Let’s have a look at all of them one by one.
AutoBlade: It comes with an auto blade. You don’t need to adjust the blade manually. The machine adjusts it automatically according to the material.
Dual carriage: Cameo 3 can sketch and cut at the same time due to the dual holder for blade and pen. In the previous models, you had to stop the machine to switch its functionality. This multi-functionality in Cameo 3 saves your time.
Deeper Cut: Cameo 2 could handle a cut up to 1 mm thick only. But Cameo 3 comes with a deeper cutting up to 2 mm thick that’s fantastic for users.
Studio 4: This model comes with the latest Studio 4 to make your designs even more attractive and better.
Bluetooth: It’s the first Cameo that has wireless capabilities. You can operate it via Bluetooth.
- It’s a great machine that comes with multiple attractive features.
- Studio 4 is considered the best software in the industry and Cameo 3 comes with Silhouette Studio 4.
- Sleek design lets it occupy less space. You can store it easily.
- It’s a fully automatic machine for drawing and cutting different types of materials. The touchscreen is easy-to-use and responsive.
- The blade settings are automatically adjustable. There is nothing to adjust manually. According to the nature of the material, it adjusts blade settings.
- You can sketch and cut the material at the same time. This dual carriage feature saves time.
- This Silhouette cutting machine can cut through thick materials easily.
- Cameo 3 can cut different types of materials lined up to 10 feet. It’s even perfect to cut the signs and banners.
- It supports Adobe Illustrator and CorelDRAW. However, you need a plug-in that costs $40 to use them with Cameo 3.
- Silhouette Cameo 3 allows you to access a vast design store where you can see more than 100,000 designs for the art of creativity.
- It supports Bluetooth to control the cutting operation wirelessly.
- You can use it with or without an internet connection.
The cutter is a bit weak with only 210 GF. If we compare it with Cricut Explore Air 2, it comes with 400 GF and Cricut Maker comes with 4000 GF.
It charges $50 to import PDG or to upgrade to SVG supporting software. It also charges $100 to export JPGs, PDF and JPG files.
If we compare it with the predecessor, Cameo 3 is heavier. Furthermore, it’s a big machine and occupies more place than the previous model.
The cutting is not as accurate as you could expect. Moreover, it performs the cutting process slowly.
Also Read: Top 4 Die Cutter Machines